We are excited to announce that WalkerHughes Insurance is proudly partnering with Brightpoint's JAG Program as our agency's ‘Charity of the Quarter’ in Quarter 1 of 2023.
About our Referral Program
At WalkerHughes Insurance, there is no higher compliment than a referral. A referral indicates that we have met the mark for our customers and that they are satisfied with the service provided. We are pleased when our customers trust us enough to recommend us to those closest to them. We know how important friends and family members are, and we promise to treat yours as if they were our own!
For every customer referring friends and family members that complete a no-obligation insurance review, we will send you a $5 coffee e-gift card as a token of our appreciation! As part of our referral program, we will also make a matching $5 donation to our agency’s ‘Charity of the Quarter’. The purpose of this program is to help organizations close to the hearts of our employees while providing our customers the opportunity to not only receive a coffee on us, but to also help a worthy cause by referring their friends and family. In addition, this also gives us the opportunity to promote awareness of these organizations in our communities through our online presence.
Why Brightpoint's JAG Program?
Brightpoint's JAG Program was nominated by WalkerHughes team member Nick Mehdikhan as our agency’s Charity of the Quarter. Nick is the Chief Sales Officer of our agency and has a personal connection with the program rooted to Brightpoint out of Fort Wayne, IN.
About Brightpoint & the JAG Program
Brightpoint is a private, non-profit agency that promotes economic and community development by providing resources, helping people gain access to opportunities, and teaching them the skills they need to become self-sufficient. Through its evolution, the agency has been helping people in the communities where we live and work for over 50 years.
JAG stands for Jobs for America’s Graduates and is a school-to-career program helping young people transition from the classroom to meaningful employment. Through training, mentoring, and placement services, the program prepares young people for employment or post-secondary training or education after high school. The JAG Program's mission is not just to keep young people in school through graduation; they also provide work-based learning experiences that will lead to career advancement opportunities and a more rewarding future.
Brightpoint JAG carefully selects qualified students for the program through an advisory committee composed of high school faculty, administrators, school counselors, and the JAG program manager. The program helps students complete diploma or High School Equivalency (HSE) requirements, enter into post-secondary education or military service, obtain job-related skills, and remain employed full-time after graduation.
Student participants receive:
- Additional classroom instruction
- Adult mentoring
- Guidance and counseling
- Leadership development
- Employability skills training
- Summer employment training
- Job/internship and post-secondary education placement services
- Connections to school and community-based services
- Follow-up services for 12 months
Brightpoint JAG program specialists, community outreach coordinators, and college transition counselors work together to provide each JAG student with the most appropriate resources for success.
How Can You Help?
- WalkerHughes Customers: If a friend or family member mentions insurance woes or you think we could be of assistance to them, please send them our way! We will send you an e-treat, hopefully help your friend or family member by providing them with a no-obligation insurance review and then make a $5 donation to Brightpoint's JAG Program.
- Brightpoint: If you or any members of your team would like to review their insurance options with our team, let us know! Simply mention 'Brightpoint' or 'JAG Program' and we will document that in our system and include a $5 donation to Brightpoint's JAG Program for every referral.
- WalkerHughes Employees, Friends, Family and Community Members: Please help us spread the word!! We will have promotional material on our social media pages, if you could like, comment, or share that would help us increase our reach and get the word out.
Thank you, Brightpoint, for everything you do to help students in Indiana! We appreciate your contribution to our community and are proud to partner with you on our referral program!
For more information on the organization including how to donate or volunteer, Brightpoint's website is linked here.