National Dog Day
At WalkerHughes Insurance, it's no secret that we love our pets! It's not uncommon to see photos of our furry friends hanging at our team's desks or posted to our internal agency site. So, a whole day dedicated to talking about our dogs is one we simply cannot pass up! August 26 is National Dog Day!
Unfortunately, just like humans, pets can have medical problems that may result in expensive veterinary bills. The good news is that pet insurance is available to help you prepare should costly vet bills impact your family.
Most pet owners consider their animals to be members of their family; therefore, their pet’s quality of life and health is extremely important. By purchasing pet insurance, pet owners are not burdened with veterinary bills and can focus on making sure their pets get and stay healthy. Here are the details of a typical pet insurance policy:
- Policies allow the pet owner to select a coverage percentage or monthly premium that will work best for them.
- Pets must have an annual exam and owners must adhere to the recommendations of their veterinarians to remain covered.
- Coverage is not extended to existing conditions and injuries.
- Policy often covers expenses relating to the following:
- Routine preventive care, including vaccinations
- Lab work
- Accidents, injuries and illnesses
- Surgeries, including spay/neuter
- Dental work
Medical costs for your pets can add up quickly. Here are some of the most common veterinary treatments and typical average costs:
- Benign skin mass: $1000
- Torn ACL or cartilage: $2600
- Tooth extraction: $900
We're Here to Help
Don’t take the chance of not being able to afford medical care for your furry family members. Call WalkerHughes Insurance today at 317.353.8000 to learn more about all of our insurance solutions.